RE: Need Battery Recommendation

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Need Battery Recommendation
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:29:54 -0400
I highly recommend the Optima!  Great battery and will not spill.  I have
one in my camper and it runs all night with no problems.  It is almost
overkill for a vehicle.  They are standard size so you shouldn't have a
problem with fitting in the car.  Shop around as the price has a wide
margin.  I also found that the warranty is different depending on the
supplier.  The other option is to buy one from one of the normal auto parts
stores with a 2-3 year warranty.  If it does go bad, the cheerfully give you
a new one.  Get the longest non-prorated one you can afford.  Once the
proration starts, you're normally paying full price.
Pete

The 5-yr battery in my BJ8 gave up the ghost today, after a measly
7+ years ;)   It was an Eveready brand bought at Costco and it's the
best battery I've ever seen ... never corroded the terminals or caused
a problem in 7+ years.

Anyway, anyone got a recommendation for batteries; looking for
something reliable and not inclined to leak acid or fumes.  The local
parts house I like--Winchester Auto--recommends their house brand,
called "Advantage," anybody have experience?  I'd go with an Optima,
but think it might be a pain to fit with the stock Healey brackets.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: