Re: 100M header question

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>,
Subject: Re: 100M header question
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:15:05 -0400
Allen,
Send your headers away to have them Jet Hot coated.  According to them
it will reduce the temperature significantly and give you a power boost
also.  Go to jet-hot.com and read all of the info.  There may be some on
the list who have actually had it done.
Charlie

Allen C Miller, Jr. wrote:

>Has anyone used the Moss 100-6 non-vintage heat shield in place of the 100-4
>heat shield. We are quite concerned about the amount of heat from the DW
>headers, and practically speaking the stock 100-4 heat shield doesn't shield
>very much.
>
>When we bought the M, there was an asbestos-backed wider shield that I believe
>is one of the 100-6 shields. I am thinking about remounting it, now that we
>see how much heat is being generated from the center shared-port header pipe.
>
>I would appreciate input from all of you who have installed DW headers on a
>100 in terms of what shielding is being used to keep the SU carb float
>chambers from getting overheated.
>
>Allen Miller BN2M

Check out the new British Cars Forum: