Battery Access Panel - Hinge mounting

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery Access Panel - Hinge mounting
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:28:53 -0400
My project BN2 did not come with a battery access panel so I got one from
moss. It did not have the holes drilled for the hinges so I'm not sure which
way to install the hinges.

moss doesn't sell the hinges but I found a set at the local hardware store
that i can make fit.

Now how to they go onto the panel?

The mounting holes in the chassis are there so I can see that one side of
the hinge mounts horizontal but the side that attaches to the cover could
mount vertical or horizontal, flat accross the top surface.

The advantage of having it flat accross the top is that the panel can be
uptight against the chassis. The advantage of it being vertical is that it
is better hidden and there is a screw going into the chassis at about the
midpoint in the gap which prevents the panel from going all the way back,
whihc I haven't figured out what that's for.., I could cut a hole for the
screw head to poke through but that would weaken the panel.

This panel doesn't fit too well anyway and from what the previous owner
tells me, the panel never closed all the way anyway.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._