Re: Cam, Fast Road, Healey 3000

To: John.Close@sduhsd.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam, Fast Road, Healey 3000
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:32:31 EDT
John.Close@sduhsd.net writes:

Hello Listers - I will be changing the cam in my Healey. The  reground
cam I'm presently using has valve slap and noise, which I want  to
eliminate. So far, if I decide to go with a regrind, Elgin looks best  to
me. I'd prefer a new cam, which might lead me to Denis Welch or a  Piper
Cams, both of which offer a milder cam for street use which improves  on
the BJ8 cam. Any comments, advice or additional suggestions would  be
greatly appreciated. I want to take my time on this one and get  it
right. Thank You - John BN6/3000

I went for the DW "Fast road". I  remain very happy with it.
I did not search very diligently for alternatives and was persuaded by  DW's
rep. and previous help willingly given.
Simon.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: