Re: Powder coating

To: "Simon Atkinson" <satkinson7314@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Powder coating
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:37:34 -0700
I recently had a chassis powder coated, and am very pleased w/ the results.
I used a metallic blue w/ a clear powder top coat.  Don't know what the
concourse folks would say. The powder coat will not hide rough welds or
splatter, better say HI to your grinder :-)

John Snyder

> I plan to drop off my chassis at the powder coater in the next week or so.
I'm not the cleanest welder in the world so was wondering if the powder
coating would hide some of the not so clean welds? Our should I plan on
spending the next 48 hours getting to know my grinder....Has anyone had any
experience with this? Any advice out there on gloss vs. semi gloss etc.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: