Hard Top Vent

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard Top Vent
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:12:47 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/04 6:25:55 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> I am in the process of restoring my 1960 BT7 hardtop, and I am
> considering installing the top vent as found on works rally cars. I am
> not sure that I like the esthetics of the addition. Could someone who
> has one of these vents in their hardtop tell me if it makes enough
> difference in cooling the cockpit to make it worth sacrificing the
> smooth appearance of the original top? Thanks.

Having driven my BN7 several thousand miles with the stock hardtop, I can
tell you that the car can get pretty stuffy, especially on the passenger side,
with no way for the air to escape from the rear, even with the side-curtains
out. With the sidecurtains in, it can be very uncomfortable. I'd opt for the
vent. Might also consider putting a similar vent in the scuttle area similar to
the rally cars for the same reason, or figuring out a way to get fresh air
directly into the passenger side footwell.
Cheers
Gary Anderson

Check out the new British Cars Forum: