RE: Olympic cars-triv

To: <JBrown5093@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Olympic cars-triv
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:18:07 +1000
G'day Jim

How I loath pedants, they always seem to have a smarmy look about them.

Actually when Singer put it up Hitler in the one and only Olympic car
race it was a separate company, with a very long history of producing
sporting cars and not part of the Rootes Group. There was no connection
with the Singer Sewing Machine Company.

The Rootes Brothers (Rootes Group) assumed control of Singer in December
1955 when shareholders voted to accept the takeover offer with the
assurance that Singer name would remain and the marque ideals would be
kept alive.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia