Re: Door trim kits

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door trim kits
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:06:34 -0400
Gordy,
 So far you've had only the alloy trim plate issue addressed. I believe in
rereading your posting you are asking about all the channels and door seals
as well are you not?
The Longbridge cars used a series of U shaped metal strips mounted into the
door threshold that would in turn hold the sealing rubbers. In addition
there were fuzzy trimmed rubber bulb strips that sealed the leading edge of
the door, one along the door leading edge, fastened just under the door trim
panel, and a corresponding piece fastened just under the rear edge of the
front quarter kick panel, continuing up and outboard to anchor under the
windscreen post right up to the dash scuttle seal.
In looking carefully through the AH Spares catologue I believe you will need
the following:
DRF104A, alum. sill cover r/h, Longbridge cars
DRF104B, alum. sill cover l/h, Longbridge cars
DRF104C, alum. shut pillar cover r/h Longbridge cars
DRF104D, alum. shut pillar cover l/h Longbridge cars
as well as:
DRF208 draught excluder- set-Longbridge cars
DRF209, retaining track, door seal, Longbridge cars
DRF 226, door scuttle seals.
In summary there is quite a bit more to the sealing of the doors on the
Longbridge cars, but at least you don't have to contend with the silly
aluminum core door seal replacement sets the later cars use.
BTW, I'm not endorsing AH Spares, I was just using their lisings as a
reference.
Rich Chrysler