Pssssttt, ......Sell me a Lid?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pssssttt, ......Sell me a Lid?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:58:13 -0400
I have had it with occasional overflows of the HS4 carbs on my '62 tricarb.
It's not only messy, it strikes me as dangerous....

I am uprating my float chamber lids to those used in the later tricarbs, that
instead of a vent hole, they have a vent fitting to which is fitted a tubing
that routes any overflow past the exhaust parts, to the ground.

I have the later lids I need for the front, and middle carbs, and I have a
repro lid for the rear carb. I would like to find an original one for the rear
carb if anyone has one out there.

The rear carb float lid is the one that has only one (1) brass fitting for a
gas line, and one (1) brass fitting below the gas line for the vent/drain)

Reproduction lids have additional hole(s) cast in the lid for the other
(unused) gas fitting locations, and have a raised edge that runs around the
perimeter of thetop of the lid.  Originals (which is what I need) do not have
unused gas fitting holes, and have no raised edge.

I have extra original and reproduction float lids for the other carbs (both
early and late style, if anyone wants to trade or sell me an original (late)
rear carb float lid...

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA