Lime Rock

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:44:55 -0400
Hello all,
I drove the 3 hours from here yesterday over to Lime Rock raceway in
Connecticut for their vintage car festival. I would have loved to have seen
the cars racing, which occurs on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, but I will have
to try to catch that next year.
Yesterday was devoted to the auto show and Concours.
Threatening clouds may have kept some exhibitors away, but there was still a
good turnout, and an impressive number of big Healeys and Sprites.
-A lot of the interesting car spotting was actually in the racing car
paddocks. -My particular favorites there were a gorgeous Ferrari 512, a number
of classic Lolas, numerous Lotus GP cars, and .....well, just too many
priceless racers to mention.
On display out on the track, there was a jewel-like prize winning white bugeye
with red stripes - just perfect! -Anybody on the list?

The high point of the whole show for me though was no less than FIVE 100S's
lined up together on the track for the show! Fully 10% of the total
production, I was told...  Maybe the most S's to appear together in a long
while??

I will have several photos of that grouping, and of the rest of the show, if
anyone has an interest to post them on a website.

It was a great day, and I enjoyed meeting some of the other owners.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: