Re: Engine oil quantity

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine oil quantity
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 03:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
Eric -

Depending on which ali sump you purchased, it could very possibly be shallower
or smaller in volume than the standard sump, thus reducing the amount of oil it
holds.

Anyway, 12.5 pints sounds about right... my metal sump is bashed in (standard
OEM!!)and 6 quarts is usually what I get in the motor....

Regards,

Alan

"Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de> wrote:
Hi list,

did an oil change on my BT7 and was wondering why the oil reached the max mark
on the dipstick after refilling about 12.5 pints.
Oil filter was changed as well.
All the literature says that 15.375 pints is the correct amount of oil to be
used.

Do I have the wrong dipstick (BJ8)? Engine has aluminium sump.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Eric BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

Check out the new British Cars Forum: