Re: healey towing

To: grotenhuis@comcast.net, acmiller@mhcable.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: healey towing
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:05:01 EDT
Most quality trailers will allow the removal or at least the pivoting of the
wheel cover on the trailer which will allow for easy in and out of the car.
6' 6" between wheel wells is pretty standard on car haulers.  Plenty of room
for our size car.  I have driven a lot of miles with a 16' aluminum open
trailer
and now have a 20' enclosed.  Both are made by Trailer World in Bowling
Green, KY.  They make lots of these trailers for the Corvette and Porsche boys.

Not cheap but very well built.

Having had one of each they both have good points and weak points.  The all
aluminum is extremely easy to pull and or move around after unloading.  Also
easier to tie the cars down because you have no walls to contend with.  They
are
easier to see around when parking, backing up, etc.  The enclosed trailer
allows for the cleaning and prep of the car at home and it stays that way till
you are ready to get it out.  It is also very secure. i.e. no one sees what is
in there and you can lock it up tight.  Also IF you run into bad weather such
as hail your car (at least the one in the trailer) is not going to get
hammered.  The enclosed trailer is wider so the door opening issue is minimized
and
they have internal lights also long as they are hooked up to the tow vehicle or
you have added an auxiliary battery.  Lastly depending on your living
situation you can store your car in the enclosed trailer with use of some
common sense
application. i.e. humidity control packs, venting for heat, etc.

Obviously these are just my own personal observations and experiences.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO
62 Mk II BT7 Tri-Carb