Poin data /Fuel pump data

To: "Healey Folks" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Poin data /Fuel pump data
From: "nick klein" <klein.ns@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:28:20 -0700
After many frustrating tries we finally got the BJ8 started on points because
the Pertronix gave out after only a year.  (We think, I'll have to install it
again and try, but the reason we took it out was because of intermittend
problems.)  The spec for dwell says 35 degrees.  Putting a dwell meter on the
points set at .016, it read 46 deg.  Opening the points to .017 increased the
dwell.  What gives?

Does anybody know the volume of fuel delivery from a BJ8 fuel pump when
disconnected in front of the carbs?  It appears that under load the (brand
new) fuel pump doesn't deliver and it sounds like the car is starving for
fuel.

Thanks loads,  Nick.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: