The Good & The Worrisome

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Good & The Worrisome
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:20:30 EDT
Had the recently acquired 62 Tri-Carb out for a nice drive.  Man, what a
sound those exhausts make!!  Being fortunate to live in the Ozark Mountains I
have
some great roads for our cars and Fall here is breath taking.  That is the
good.  The worrisome is a noise in first gear.  The closest I can describe it
as
is the sound you hear when a speedo cable needs lubrication. Kind of a
whirring sound. Very noticeable in nature. It speeds up and slows down with the
car
but only does it in first gear.  Shifts fine from 1st to 2nd and so on going
up but difficult to go from 3rd to 2nd and of course no syncro in 1st coming
down.  Also I fuel gauge doesn't work or light up.  If I reach around behind it
will flicker sometimes up as high as 1/4 or perhaps close to 1/2 but then
usually goes dead again with the first bump.  Any suggestions on the two items?

As always, many thanks to the group!!

Gary Fuqua
Branson, Missouri

Check out the new British Cars Forum: