Re: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:22:10 -0400
davidwjones wrote:
> I'm trying to replace the primary choke cable on my BT7 (roadster dashboard)
> ----I've dropped the heater control panel. and still cannot get a standard
> wrench on the nut on the back side of the dash for the choke cable...  -And
> there isn't enough room to turn it if I could get a wrench on it! The dash is
> all hooked up otherwise, and I'm at a loss on how to loosen the damned
> thing...
>
> Any ideas? Special tools? ...Dynamite???

I'm guessing here, because I haven't seen it, but wonder if you could
cut a slot down the side of a deep socket, the width of the choke cable.
  (If you've ever seen the special sockets for removing oxygen sensors,
you'll know what I mean.)
--
John Miller

Surplus (FSoT):
New Conn V1 double trumpet case, no logo
Tektronix 465B oscilloscope

Check out the new British Cars Forum: