Ron Yates update

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ron Yates update
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:56:06 EDT
In Memory of Ron Yates, August 17, 1938 b September 26, 2004

We have all lost a wonderful friend. He lived and breathed Austin-Healeys.
And, had he had a choice he might have chosen to drive away in his BN2 or BN6
on
some favorite track and maybe, just maybe, alone. But he was, and always will
be, with friends.

I first met Ron through a friend, when he was attending the California State
University at Chico, in the days when it was referred to as simply bChico
Stateb. We became instant friends, and also found we had mutual friends. Ron
shared his life with everyone he met. Different adventures with different
friends.
Some knew Ron as a professional photographer, others as an expert
Austin-Healey historian. Students knew Ron, the teacher, in Riyadh, Saudi
Arabia. Other
friends will share their private memories of Ron, but one thing certain; Ron
had
friends. His sister in law, Virginia, said it all: bhe was a good son to his
parents, a fine brother and a wonderful friend, always there when I needed
himb.

Cremation will take place this week and the family is considering a memorial
service in the future. bWe need to think about how we want to honor Ronb,
stated his daughter-in-law, known as bSisterb. Perhaps the most fitting
memorial
would be for someone to complete his book on racing Healeys.

Survivors include his brother, Claude bChipb Yates, sister-in-law Virginia
Yates, cousins, Jim and Malie Yates, plus numerous nieces and nephews, Allan
Kruest;  Sherry Huey; Pamela & Taylor Parks; Virginia, Kristin & Samantha Kyle;
Heidi, Emma & Daphne Freitas.

Cards may be sent to Claude & Virginia Yates, 515  South Ohio, Anaheim, CA
92805

Posted by Richard and Kay Hosmer
HBT7L18556

Check out the new British Cars Forum: