Chrome Experts

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Chrome Experts
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 01:51:05 -0400
Unfortunately, the storage I have for my 3000 is not always without dampness,
and I have been having a reoccurring problem with the chrome.
Even covered and in the garage, I am periodically finding uniform formation of
small fogged spots that require chrome polish to remove. However, after say
5-6 weeks they begin to reappear. I have used Maguire chrome polish, and have
tried paste wax, but always the start of corrosion reappears after a while.
I used to use Simichrome and don't recall this happening, but haven't had
Simichrome in a while. I was wondering if this would help.
Does all chrome do this in humid conditions, or is the "show chrome" I had
done suspect?
 I had heard that all chrome has "pores" and will do this if not properly
protected.... Any thoughts, or suggestions?
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: