Re: $200,000 55 BN1.

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: $200,000 55 BN1.
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:59:51 -0700
I'm pretty sure we've seen that car show up in discussions here before.
It is no way of the "Austin Healey snctioned" group of cars. It bear no
resemblance to anything that would pass true Healey scrutineers.

It's very red with lots of shiny bits of the "wrong" color and
textures. It has been called the "best Austin Healey in the World" by
some in the motoring press.

Rick
San Diego

On Oct 3, 2004, at 5:40 PM, tom felts wrote:

> Just finished reading a newspaper article from a North Jersey newspaper
> (July 18, 04) in which the article talkes about the restoration and
> many
> top wins for a 100/4.  Owner is Fred Tebbenhoff.  I personally don't
> know
> the gentleman.  Anyway, the article mentions the car has been invited
> many prestigious automobile shows around the country.   The ultimate
> was an
> invite to show it at the Louis Vuitton Classic in NY's Rockefeller
> Center
> in 1999.  Only 50 cars are invited to this!
>
> The article said that the estimated value of it was $200,000!!!!
>
> What does that do the value of a top 100S?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: