Re: $200,000 55 BN1.

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: $200,000 55 BN1.
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:24:24 -0400
  "It's very red with lots of shiny bits of the "wrong" color and
  textures. It has been called the "best Austin Healey in the World" by
  some in the motoring press."

  It is beyond me why anyone would (supposedly) pay 4X the normal value of a
100 point restored car, for a tarted up example with extra chrome and splashes
of color....
  But then, perhaps it is being judged on the quality of the work, the
finishes and work done, artistically, rather than historically or on
accuracy.
  .......Picasso made a "Bull" from a bicycle seat and a set of handlebars....
As art, it is worth hundreds of thousands, as a bicycle, it isn't worth
anything.
  But then, when it comes to it, I think P.T. Barnum said "No one ever went
broke underestimating the intelligence of the public". I think he also said
"there's an ass for every seat".

  David W. Jones
  '62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
  Cumberland, RI USA