fuel pump

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel pump
From: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:42:34 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to my fuel pump question, my eyes aren't
what they used to be, and sure enough the intake valve was in backwards.
After correction pumped fuel  instantly pressurized and shut down, no
leaks. This is my son's and mine first restoration so forgive my
ignorance, but another problem has arisen. When ordering points and
condenser I discovered the distributor that came with the car is from a
bj-8 / mine is a bt-7 . The distributor was set up with the intake for
the vacuum advance facing forward in the car, I assume to make the cap
look correct or pointing towards the motor, until such time I can find
the correct distributor, will this function.

Thanks Kurt L

Check out the new British Cars Forum: