Re: BJ8 needs a home,....parts!

To: Gregory Galvin <squared_g@msn.com>
Subject: Re: BJ8 needs a home,....parts!
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:46:49 -0500
Greg,
I don't think that the parts would be too difficult to track down.  Maybe the
shroud would be tough to find, but, I have two extra windshield frames,
bumpers, radiator, headlights an extra top frame and two extra doors complete
with windows and regulator mechanisms.  The rest of the parts show up on Ebay
all the time. If anyone gets this car contact me off list for some parts.  Some
are in good shape some need work.

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7

Quoting Gregory Galvin <squared_g@msn.com>:

>      I didn't include more information about my Healey because I was
> trying to keep the correspondence off the list (didn't want to add to
> the noise level), but enough people have asked that it's easier to
> respond here.
>      Unfortunately, I don't have any current pictures.  In its present
> state, we're missing:
>         Front shroud
>         Grill and surround
>         Radiator
>         Headlight assemblies (including buckets)
>         Windshield and frame
>         Seats
>         Top and Frame
>         Rear wings (left and right)
>         Front and rear bumpers
>         Right side window and mechanism
>         Carburetors
>         Trafficator
>      There may be a few more miscellaneous bits gone, but that's the
> bulk of it.  It is a rolling chassis with 60 spoke wires.  The engine
> and transmission are out of the vehicle.
>      As you can see, the task of collecting all the parts and hardware
> would be quite daunting (a parts car would be a nice start).
>      I have no idea what its value may be.  Offers??
>      As to the lister who didn't know how he would handle a situation
> like this, I considered hiring someone to track down this individual and
> start breaking bones (Whitey Bulger had already skipped town, but I'm
> sure someone else would be up to the task).  My wife talked me out of
> any violence.
>               Regards,
>       Greg
>       ggalvin@msn.com