Healey Front Suspension Bump Stops

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Healey Front Suspension Bump Stops
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:13:44 +1000
G'day

I suspect that this will bring about as much success as using a
chocolate teapot but I will ask anyway.

Above the coil springs used on the front and rear suspension of a Healey
(please note that I said Healey and not Austin-Healey) there is a
conical rubber bump stop.

I have successfully worked out how to remove the suspension but not the
bump stops. I can't find any fasteners that attach them to the chassis
and I wonder if they are bonded to a plate and bolt and then screwed
into the chassis or bonded to the chassis itself.

Any ideas?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia