Front Suspension

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Front Suspension
From: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:57:30 -0400
I have decided that my big winter project this year is a rebuild of the front
suspension, including but not limited to all of the rubber bushings, coil
springs, shocks etc.

I have seen a number of different thoughts on bushing types, rubber, stiffer
compounds etc.  I don't rally the car but I do drive it aggressively on quiet
back roads.  I don't want to shake my fillings out but I am sure that any
change of 40 year old parts will benefit the car greatly.  What types of
bushing compounds should I think about and what sources are there?  Should I
think about changing spring rates or stick with standard?

Any words of wisdom from those of you who have done this?  Cautions or any
cases of  "as long as you have it apart, you might as well ....."?
Suggestions of what to do and how?

I will be doing the wheel bearings as well and also the sway bar bushings.
Any other suggestions?

I have about another 6 weeks of driving fun before I start.

Fred
63 BJ7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: