Re: Steering Column

To: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: Steering Column
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:44:58 -0400
Many years ago (1976) I was in a front left impact (oncoming car cut across
my path to make a left turn in front of me) with my BJ8 that sent the
forward sheetmetal and chassis back in approx. a straight line from front
right headlamp area back to left fender spear! They wrote the car off at the
time.
My hands and arms bent the original steering wheel quite badly from the
impact but the column did not move one bit.
I got out with a sore wrist, a bruise on my left forearm and a sore couple
of toes (brake pedal).
I was lucky, the car was not.
Point is, the steering column didn't move at all.
Just my instance.
Rich Chrysler