Re: Found it :)

To: Curtis Hoines <biggeek@shaw.ca>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Found it :)
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
Curtis -

That's great news!!  in '87 some Dead Head tried to
take my healey, rolled it out of my garage in Berkeley
and then tried to bump start it rolling down the hill.
 Of course the battery switch was off (I ALWAYS TURN
THIS OFF & lock the trunk) so the car went no where.
He pulled over to the side of the road and left it
about a block away.

I had about an hour of pure panic when I saw the empty
parking space in the garage... but thankfully my
flatmate was off to class and he found the car when he
was walking to campus.

I know it was a Dead Head because the same guy stole a
cherry '60s Beetle from my same apartment garage the
very next day, then drove it all the way to Washington
State and abandoned it near a police station three
days later.  How do I know it was a dead head?
apparently there was a Greatful Dead concert in
Seattle that day and the Berkeley cops said it is
fairly common for dead heads to boost a car to the
next concert and then leave the car unharmed once they
got there!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- Curtis Hoines <biggeek@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Thanks for all the e-mails. The police found it,
> guess it was someone wanting
> to take a joy ride.
>
> Its in the same shape minus some wires but its all
> good.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Curtis

Check out the new British Cars Forum: