Re: Healey trophies

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Healey trophies
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:40:43 -0700 (PDT)
Dennis -

There are cast pewter models of healeys available from some suppliers like AH
spares.  I think it would not be that much effort to just buy 50 of those and
then hot glue / JB weld them on top of a trophy pedestal.  You can see them
here:

https://secure.ahspares.co.uk/cgi-bin/parts/frameset.pl

Once there, click "accessories" and then look at item 15 and 16

If you do some searching around, you might find them cheaper.  The other option
is to call AH Spares, explain what you are doing, and see if the person that
provides their castings is willing to do a special order for you.  If this is
made in Asia somewhere, they will probably happily do a special order for you
for probably $10 a pop.  The guys at AH Spares are real nice guys, so they'll
help you out... but to be honest the best thing is to call them, not email.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

MKIII4ME@aol.com wrote:
Can anyone suggest a supplier of Austin Healey trophies? I have tried in
vain to have 1/43rd scale reproductions done to put on top of a trophy. I have
been to casting places and foundries. They're willing to do the job but want
$10,000 just to create a mold and then have a minimum order requirement of
1,000-5,000 units. I'm helping with the trophies for the 2005 Healey Rendezvous
in Klamath Falls, Oregon and only need about a 50-60 car/trophy order. The
Oregon Club had a mold that they used for years for their awards. The mold was
destroyed and needs to be replaced. Metal or plastic finials would work! Any
suggestions or leads out there? TIA.

Dennis
(Nigel) '65 BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: