Tire recommendation- Here's Eight 156R15

To: "lisa and mark" <bugtop@comcast.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tire recommendation- Here's Eight 156R15
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:07:18 -0700
Mark,
Tire Rack lists a 165TR15 Kumho Power Star 758 for $26 that looks pretty
good.  It's "T" speed rated.  Kumho makes good racing tires.  I had a set of
165R15 Kumho 771 (Hendrix sells them for $80; I paid $25 at America's Tire
Store four years ago) Metric radial tires on my BN4 for about a year before
I sold them with my old 48 spoke wheels and they were very good tires.
Below is the website for the Tire Rack Kumho 758 tire:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&fromCompare1=yes&vehicleSearch=false&tireModel=Power+Star+758&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=68TR5758&;

Universal Tire lists a 165SR15 Vredistein Sprint for $81 that a lot of
Healey people like - Hendrix also sell it for $95 and BWW sells it for $75.
BWW list three tires in size 165R15.  AutoFarm sells three 165R15 tires, a
Kelly, the Kumho 771, and a Dayton tire, all around $75 to $80.  Websites
below:
http://www.universaltire.com/
http://www.britishwirewheel.com/tires.htm
http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com/tires.html
http://www.autofarm.net/101/autofarm/nov_spec.htm#kumho

On ebay there is a 165R15 tire made in China by Nankang offered by
GearWorks.com for a "by now" price of $37.  Web address below:
http://www.autofarm.net/101/autofarm/nov_spec.htm#kumho

So, here are about eight different 165R15 tires available for our cars
ranging in price from $26 to about $130 and speed ratings from S to H.  The
best value seems to be the Kumho Power Star 758 at Tirerack.com for $26 with
a U.T.Q.G. rating of 400AB and a T speed rating!  I'd be interested in your
assessment of these eight tires.
Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

Vrooom vrooom,
John