RE: Engine ID Plate

To: "'Randy Hicks'" <healey100m@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Engine ID Plate
From: "Alan Bromfield" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:42:44 +0100
Hey Randy.
For the 100-6.
In the Anderson & Moment guide it says quote:

'The engine type and serial number were embossed into the aluminum from the
rear, while the other stamped letter codes (H,R, and U) were stamped'.

This is how the plates are shown at Clarke's PA - link here:
http://www.clarkespares.com/carparts.html

For the 100 (BN2)
In the Anderson & Moment guide it says quote:

'The engine numbers were surface stamped on a light aluminium plate....'.

Much easier to reproduce

So both are right ;^)

Cheers............Alan