Need Side Shift Transmission Help

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Need Side Shift Transmission Help
From: "John Homonek" <jhomonek@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:27:54 -0400
I am completely restoring a 1959 BN7.  Currently, everything has been
rebuilt/refurbished/replaced giving me a rolling chassis.  The engine,
transmission and driveshaft are out of the car being rebuilt.  The side
shift transmission has had a hard life and we found the shifting fork broken
off inside.  Some of the teeth on the gears have been chipped and or have
rounded teeth.  This one is questionable for a rebuild.  A parts car I have
produced a side shift transmission with water in it...all rusty inside.

Question: Does anyone have a side shift transmission out there with a known
history and in good shape?  I am in the Atlanta area.  Or...does anyone have
a complete gear set..1st thru 4th and lay gear..either new or good used as a
matched set?  You can contact me off-line if you want at
jhomonek@mindspring.com.

John E. Homonek II

Check out the new British Cars Forum: