Re Seat Belt Information

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re Seat Belt Information
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:59:43 +0000 (GMT)
Norman,

Just to let you know I fitted the retractables to the BN2 the other weekend and
had my first run-out yesterday with them fitted. I have temporarily wound a
luggage elastic around the folded up top to keep it out of the way of the
retracting shoulder straps. The belts work fine, although due to the angle over
the seat backs, the shoulder straps are not quite as free-running as they would
be in a tin-top car.

I fitted the retractors on the inner wheel wells as you advised. The stalks
fitted to the tunnel, almost as far back as they could go. The outer lap strap
bolted to the side wall immediately above the sill box section. All the
fittings were reinforced with the plates you provided.

Do you have a source for the material to make up the top roll-up cover you
suggested? Did you use Everflex like the top?

I've posted this on the list since others are interested in the mounting
arrangements -BTW if anyone wants to fit retractables, they must be the type
where you can alter the orientation of the ball in the retractor, since the
retractor has to be mounted on the inner wheel well at an angle to the vertical.

Mike