BJ8 carb adjustment

To: Healey <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BJ8 carb adjustment
From: jbpate@attglobal.net
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:19:16 -0500
When the mixture is adjusted and the piston is lifted, how long should
the idle increase before dropping off.  Mine currently idles the same or
just slightly increases for a second at most and then runs rough until I
release the "lift button".  Should I increase the mixture until it gets
too rich and then back it off? I also don't get much effect from the
idle screw adjust (the larger screw) over a fairly large adjustment
range. It definitely will run rough when turned all the way down but not
much effect from 2 to 3 turns out.     Barry Pate BJ8

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.