Re: Brake Rotor removal

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake Rotor removal
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:09:21 -0600
I think the hard part isn't the big nut, but getting the grease cap off so
you can access the nut which shuold have a threaded extrusion you can grab
with a special tool or do what I did and buy a extra long threaded nut of
the approriate size at the hardware at the hardware store, have a bolt sick
out one end and screw the other onto the extrusion, then use a vice grips to
work the grease cap off.

Then remove the cotter pin, remove the brake caliper and you can then remove
the big nut and the brake disc.

As noted there are two wheel bearings and spacers and shims between.

Regards,

Greg Lemon
54 BN1