Front Shroud - Original versus Reproduction

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Front Shroud - Original versus Reproduction
From: "Diann Jones" <diann.lindsay@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:07:54 +1300
I'm on the hunt for comments from others, who have knowledge or who've had
experience with the fitting of a new reproduction front shroud.  This is one
that would have been bought, complete as one piece.

Would they be good enough to use as a template to ensure the front bulkhead is
being positioned correctly onto the chassis?
Also what's their fit like with the fenders and hood?
Plus, how good are they when comparing the shaping (visual lines) to an
original shroud?

How interchangeable are the original front shrouds from Healey to Healey?  Is
this another area of slight variances between cars, or is the fitment quite
uniform?

Are we best to go new or try and track down a very good original (late BJ8)
shroud that hasn't been involved in an accident.  Which ever way - we'd have
to ship out to New Zealand - one needs to ponder their choices carefully.

Has anyone had experience with the reproduction front fenders?  -  good or
bad!

All comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Diann