fender beading

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fender beading
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:59:56 -0500
When I install beading I install it on the fender (as the factory did)
first. There are 4 tabs bent in on the fender side in locations that you
cannot get at if beading is installed after fender.     I use strip caulk
(Dum Dum ) to hold the tabs to the fender and you can get the bead to lay
right on the top of thr fender very easily. Install fender and when satified
with bead layout you can bend remaining tabs to engine side. I do use strip
caulk inbetween fender and shroud. I would rather see a coushion here than
metal tabs rubbing into my paint over time (and it will ).
Carroll Phillips
Top Down Restorations