Re: Further to my Rememberance Day Note

To: "Russ Staub" <bbb11489@azboss.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Further to my Rememberance Day Note
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:30:36 -0500
Here in Rhode Island, I know for years they held a British car meet called
"Wings over Britain" or something close to that. It was held at the inactive
Naval Air Station down on the coast of RI at Quonset Point. They had an
ongoing WWII aircraft restoration operation going on there and the cars for
the show were literally parked among and underneath the wings of the
airplanes.
-It was a really nice drive getting there and a smallish but very nice car
show. Healeys seemed to make a particularly good attendance. It was great to
experience the "twofer" of seeing the planes as well as the cars.
The last time I went to it was years ago, and I don't know if it is still held
or not. Now that I'm up and running again, I'll have to look into it.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA