Re: Retoration Questions

To: "Earl Kagna" <kags@shaw.ca>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Retoration Questions
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:28:46 -0500
You are definitely correct on the order of the gaskets -spacers. On closer
inspection there are 9 gaskets.-Hard to see the buggers in all the cables,
hoses and pipes.
There were changes, and I did find documentation for early tricarbs only
having asbestos on the underside of the heat shield as did the preceding MK I.
-Maybe it was Bill B.  I'll see if I can dig up.
I've heard a lot of claims for original cars having, and not having, paint on
the carb flanges... I don't think anyone reproduces that paint when they
restore. -but it has been a consistent point of debate for the 25 years I've
had the car. -Though I painted the components separately myself for neatness
sake.
...I could be wrong, it would not be the 1st time. Though it does appear that
not all of the tricarbs were the same throughout the run in some of the
details.

Dave