Re: Retoration Questions

To: "Larry Swift" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Retoration Questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:55:51 -0500
Larry,
 Answers below:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Swift
Subject: Retoration Questions

>I am finishing up a restoration of a 3000 BT7 Mark I and have several
>questions:
>
> What color is the carb heat shield?
Engine colour

 Is the asbestos material also
> painted the same color?
No, just leave in natural off white.

What side of the metal heat shield is the
> asbestos material attached?
Engine side

> Are the heat shields that are fastened to the engine compartment painted?
No, again leave the natural off white

> What color are the horns?
You should have the last of the early Lucas Altette horns. These were
usually a pale metallic beige/gold colour.

> What color are the seat frames?
Seat frames are black but are trimmed with vinyl to match the seats so that
only the inner edges will show the black paint.

> Where does the Carb heat shield fit?  -  Between the manifolds and carb
> spacers, or between the carb spacers and the carbs, or between the
> spacers?
Manifold, spacers, heatshield, carbs.

Hope this helps
Rich Chrysler