Re: 100 Instrument Bezels

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 100 Instrument Bezels
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:17:29 -0500
After exhaustive efforts to rechrome old bezels, I chanced upon Holden
Vintage Classic's site and found a listing forRim Full Vee chrome surrounds
for 2"  (52mm ) guages. I bought four @ #3.50 each. They ship the next day.
You can order online and pay by credit card. The stock number is 070.152

Holden's address on the web is:http://www.holden.co.uk/hvc-home.htm They
have a very good site with lots of Smith's guage-related material, and are a
great source for BPF (British Pre-Focus) bulbs for headlights and driving
lights. The site takes a little work to navigate, but essentially you enter
through the motoring icon, then select e-catalogue, and go to guages. It
will take a while to scroll through the stuff, but I found it more fun to
look at the whole catalogue than use the search engine.

I have one of the bezels in front of me, and it is spot-on, with high
polish, and inconspicuous side tabs (indeed, the tabs are even smaller than
the originals, which tend to break off during the removal and refinishing
stages).

Good luck. Allen Miller BN2/M

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
070_152.jpg]