Re: Exhaust Manifold Cleanup

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Cleanup
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 02:42:12 -0500
Where do you get spray graphite? Is it sold through model train hobby
outlets?

It sounds similar to the paste 'stove polish' (blacking) that is sold for
cast iron stoves, which also has a graphite base. I've used it on an early
19th century Franklin stove, and seems to cover the somewhat porous cast
iron surfaces nicely, and reapplies notwithstanding some surface rust. It
seems to work well on stoves and stovepipe, which easily go above 600
degrees. It applies with a rag, but is messy.

allen miller