Re: Healey 100 Cam Specs

To: "HoYo" <hoyo@bellsouth.net>, "Mike MacLean"
Subject: Re: Healey 100 Cam Specs
From: "HoYo" <hoyo@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:31:42 -0600
Welcome Race Fans!!
  Racer Brown ST-15
    Lift ..440"          (NEVER noticed this notation in the last 31
yrs...pro'lly woulda been ground for more but with a piss thin shaved head
to gain ~13 to 1 C.R.   'piston ventilation' woulda been a 'pro'lem' not to
mention the 1 run ,1 head gasket effect!
   Timing 33,65,69,29
   Duration.......not noted ,i never did the math....
   Valve clearance for Setting Timing .017"  (also never noticed this all
these years until today,maybe why Marijuana is still illegal,even for those
(dead sister from Leukemia who got 'Ole Miss'/ U.S. issue/'merican homegrown
in '78-'82) who CAN benefit medically from it.
   I presume this is equivalent to the modern terms {"lift @ .050 duration,
now the standard)

now we moosey on down to one of my favorite entries, big arrow to bottom of
page
 SET VALVES    .011 Long Courses
                            .014 Short Courses
                                             Hope that helps/confuses,
                                                                    HoYo
ps  mo' lata' on my FAVORITE entry and a 17 yr old's critque on a cam that
idles at 1700rpm, evens out at 3000, and causes the tach needle to
dissapear( >speed o' light movement until the light rays catch up so you can
see it !)
                                  more coffee or i need to learn to re-
type(remember the pot digression above)'
                                              Ho(yawn!)Yo