Re: Head Nuts/Garage Heat

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Head Nuts/Garage Heat
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 06:17:48 -0600
Mark Generally head bolts have a true flater surface which maximize's the
contact area ... hardward store stuff has smooth shoulders on the hex... so
I wouldn't recommend them, That and who knows what home depot calls a grade
8 made by the lowest bidder and checked only one in a million... Automakers
have to meet the minimum standard of a warranty... and they get to spec much
better stuff on average....

As for heat.... I've fought the good fight there... finally ended up
breaking down and putting in a unit for the shop... nothing else works as
well.... and I sure wish I'd done it years earlier...

Keith Turk