Re: Horn-s

To: international_investor@yahoo.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Horn-s
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:40:22 -0800
Au contraire!

A pair of properly tuned BJ8 horns have a pleasant, courteous, British-accented
sound, kinda like "Excuse me, sir, but would you kindly get your obnoxious,
gas-guzzling,
road-hog RV the f**k out of my way?"

Anyway (working from memory), there is a big screw with a lock-nut that adjusts
the
throw on the speaker diaphram, or the points, or something, that will adjust
the pitch.

If they still sound crappy you may have to open them up ... I ground/drilled
the rivets on
one of mine and cleaned up the points (yes, there are points used to oscillate
the "speaker").
I used pop-rivets to seal it up, which will cost me some points at concours ;)
(my car's a
10-footer at best).

bs