Re: measuring toe-in

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: measuring toe-in
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:53:39 -0600
The easiest way to measure toe in is to put a couple of jack stands in front
of the car.... tape a piece of string mid way down on the back sidewall of
the rear tire and bring it forward to the jack stand.... Then move the jack
stand in until the string Just touches the front of the rear tire..... that
gives you a straight line from the back to the front of the car on both
sides...... then take measurements to the front and back of the front
wheels..... I usually straighten one side of the car to to keep the tire
even then check the other wheel which will have the exact toe in... or out
as the case may be....

If that wasn't clear enough let me know I can explain it again....

Keith ( and yeah Toe in is a rather important deal to me )