Door Repairs - measurements needed

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Door Repairs - measurements needed
From: Rick Swain <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:47:45 -0400
When I rebuilt my BN4 the body man didn't do anything apart from some
filling and smoothing to my doors. They had been repaired poorly years
before - there's about a half inch of filler at the bottoms and the contour
near the bottom is a bit off. Now I want to do it right.

The bottom section of the doors had been reskinned - right over the existing
rusted metal. The door bottoms were also replaced - rather crudely. My new
body man wants to replace both the replacement skins and door bottoms. It
would help if we had some measurements of the door bottoms. I can locate
only a BJ8 and a really rusty BN1 in my area for measurement.

Can anyone with a 6 cylinder roadster - BN4, BN6, BN7 or BT7 - take some
measurements for me? I need to know the width of the door frame bottom at
the front and rear of the door as well as the depth of the outer flange on
the bottom that the skin wraps over. Also is the flange at a right angle (90
degrees) to the door bottom and is the door bottom at a right angle to the
inside of the door?

I have the correct contour for the door, front and rear,  and we can work at
matching up with the front and rear fenders but those measurements would be
helpful.

Thanks to anyone who can provide measurements.

Cheers

Rick