Bang! and then nothing

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bang! and then nothing
From: Brent Barnes <brentbarnes309@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:47:32 -0800 (PST)
List,

Last evening, I was taking her down to the climatized warehouse for a winter
nap...about 5 miles into the 30 mile trip, doing about 65 (top down, about 30
degrees, but hey!), when BANG! BANG! coupla huge backfires, big cloud of oil
smoke and then nothing. Engine would turn over on the starter but would not
fire at all. No oil on the rear, no oil under the hood, lots of oil on the
dipstick. Three hours and three flatbeds later, she's at least enclosed. Ideas
anyone? I guess I'm also looking for a good engine doc in the Northeast....

Brent Barnes
(wuz a) 60 BT7 MK1
Garden State