Re: brake fluid

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:28:56 -0500
Jim,
I don't know whether current rebuild kits are ok with std brake fluid or not.
In order to avoid the question altogether, I have used silicon brake fluid,
which absorbs less moisture than the others, and has the added benefit of not
eating paint if it leaks or spills.
Some claim that the silicon fluid gives a spongier pedal, but I have not found
this to be so.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA