re. Recommendations for Brake Assembly Lube

To: healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re. Recommendations for Brake Assembly Lube
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:53:52 -0800 (PST)
Jim,
If you're not using the cylinders for awhile you might
try brake cylinder assy lube.  It's a bit more
"syrupy", and probably being silicone based, doesn't
absorb moisture and cause things to rust after sitting
on the shelf.  The small amount used doesn't make any
difference after you install and bleed your hydraulic
system.  I also use it on threaded unions to help
tighten up with no galling.  Another forgotten
material is wheel cylinder grease.  This stuff is
packed under the outer dust boots and helps keep
moisture out.  Sometimes you see the small red grease
packet that comes with Lucas brand cylinders.  The US
made equivalent along with the assy lube is cheap and
avail at good independant auto parts stores.
Regards,
Joe Mulqueen
'60 BT7
Torrance, CA