RE: BJ8 Pistons and Rings

To: "'Gary Moomau'" <moomau@verizon.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: BJ8 Pistons and Rings
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:18:36 -0500
Hi Gary,
I would suspect that the bores are 0.030" oversize. A 2 thou error is pretty
easy to make unless you have carefully calibrated measuring instruments.
It would be unusual for a machine shop to bore the engine 0.028" oversize so
I would recommend that you get a good telescoping gauge and accurate 3 - 4"
micrometer to check again.
If it is 3.311" then you need to order "30 over" pistons.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com