RE: Custom Fire Wall

To: "'Carlos Cruz'" <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Custom Fire Wall
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:34:06 -0800
Carlos,
If it is good enough for a 100S (sort of), it must be good enough for .....
The 100S has a sheet of aluminum as a cover (facing the engine)for all the
unused holes that were part of the normal 100 firewall. No insulation
between the two sheets however and it was riveted on. I wish I would have
thought of insulation at the time of restoration, even 1/8 thick could have
been sandwiched in. The firewall with all the holes was also in aluminum so
I suppose the holes were stamped in at Jensen's.
To be effective, I think you would still have to really seal up the gap well
with caulking.
I have seen an extra firewall added to a Jensen Interceptor by a aerospace
engineer type owner.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

-