Re: (no subject)

To: blprince2@comcast.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:24:05 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2004 2:29:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
blprince2@comcast.net writes:
The vehicle number is BN1L 154897and the engine number is 1B 207399.
These numbers are on a name plate that is on the left inside forward side-panel.
The chassis number, 154897, is also on a name plate below the oil filter.  On
the engine side of the firewall is a name plate with the numbers 4667 and
2082.  Can anyone tell me what these last two numbers mean?  I would
appreciate any specifics on the origin and history of the car.
Ben--

This vehicle number dates to around April, 1954.
Cars produced prior to September, 1954 had separate vehicle and chassis
numbers.
The last two numbers are the "body batch number/body number" issued by Jensen.

Congratulations on your purchase--where are you located?

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans  (BN1L222333)